Thursday, September 12, 2019

What Is Media?

Thursday 12th September 2019
L/O: to discuss what media is and how it impacts our lives

Definition of Media: "The main means of mass communication"

Video Games
Social Media
Films
Newspapers
Radio Stations
TV Shows
Websites

Main purpose of media to make money

Media Influence

I don't really care what happens in the media. I listen when serious topics come up in the news but that's about it. I believe that the media is extremely powerful as a news outlet or celebrity can push their views on a large group of people. People will take the side of media they trust which can lead to a wide spread of misinformation.

"The media shouldn't be allowed to embarass or humiliate people"

I partially agree with this. I believe that the media should be careful with what they say but I believe that they should be allowed to humiliate someone if they have done something that warrants humiliating as the public deserves to know. I do think that they should encourage their consumers to not actively attack people in their articles as it can severely effect their mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment